Medical Certificates

The first 7 days of your illness is covered by self-signing certificate (SC2) which is available from the HMRC website at or can be collected from reception. After 7 days you should see your doctor for a "not fit to work certificate" (sick note).  

All requests for continuation of sick notes are asked to be put through eConsult, please find the link attached to complete this request

Alternatively ongoing sick notes may be requested via our Administrative Staff on 0345 099 7200. 

Fitness or return to work certificates are NOT issued, but if your employer insists upon one, there will be a private charge which they should pay.

NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website