tempMedical Certificates

The first 7 days of your illness is covered by self-signing certificate (SC2) which is available from the HMRC website at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/statutory-sick-pay-employees-statement-of-sickness-sc2 or can be collected from reception. After 7 days you should see your doctor for a "not fit to work certificate" (sick note).  

Ongoing sick notes may be requested via administrative staff and a message will be sent to GP to review request.  

Fitness or return to work certificates are NOT issued, but if your employer insists upon one, there will be a private charge which they should pay.

NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website